Sunday, May 24, 2015

Welcome to the World Sweet Eleanor Beth

Eleanor Beth was born at 4:33 PM on April 30th in Hong Kong. She was 7lbs 1oz and 20.2 inches long. She has dark brown hair and blue grey eyes. I am so eager to see if the color will stay or change over the next few months. 

Her birth was quite the whirlwind experience. It's taken me almost a month to process it all since I ended up having an emergency c-section due to Meconium Aspiration Syndrome (which we didn't know at the time). All that matters is that she's here and we're both healthy. I feel incredibly grateful for that because I know not everyone is as lucky and I can't even begin to imagine what other mommas out there have gone through.

We have been adjusting to life as a family of four (sounds so weird to type that). Sawyer has been nothing but sweet to his baby sister.  I am so proud of the little boy that he's much too quickly becoming! Eleanor is laid back and a little cuddle bug. I feel such a strong bond with her already. She's already growing so fast! 

My hope is to write Eleanor's birth story over the next few weeks. I want to share it partly for me (therapeutic?), for Eleanor, and also for my family and friends. In the meantime, here are a few photos of our Sweet Pea. Follow me @shannabanana2710 on instagram to see more! 




No comments:

Post a Comment