Dear Baby Boy,
You're 7 months old! You are mister personality lately. You've started sitting up by yourself, but you've discovered that it's funny to throw yourself backwards and shake your head back and forth (goofball!)
Also, you're a bit more chatty and content to just "chill" on your own. This means you're interested in everything that is not a toy. You know... whisks, paper, spoons, bracelets, bows...whatever floats your boat! Daddy and I moved your crib to your own room about two weeks ago. The first night, we were a little lonely and kept checking on you, but you slept like a champ.
Weight/Height: Not sure, at your 6 month apt. you were about 20 lbs, woah baby! I don't think you've grown much longer because all of your clothes fit you just the same.
Eating: You eat every 3.5-4 hours or so. Your "schedule" looks something like this (give or take 30 minutes):
9:30: Bottle of milk (between 4-5oz) & breakfast (fruit)
1:00: Bottle of milk & lunch (5oz) & (veggies/fruit)
6:50: Nurse before bedtime
1:00-3:00am (sometime in between then): Nurse
You've tried many new fruits and a few veggies. I've been making your food in big portions and freezing it for later. It's been pretty easy so far!
- Sweet Potato
- Carrots (still not a fan)
I attempted making peas today, but failed miserably... oh well, there's always next time.
The cutest face to wake up to in the morning
Sleeping at a restaurant booth
Sleeping: Ha-ha... oh sleep, what is that?! Starting at about 6 months, you started waking up up to 5 times in a night! I don't know what happened because you were only waking up 1 time a night before then. Sometimes, you'd wake up screaming. I didn't know what you wanted...but you seemed to just want to nurse yourself to sleep... so that's what we did. Now, you've been getting back to your old sleeping routine and waking up about once a night...hallelujah!
You take 2-3 naps a day and will usually put yourself to sleep after wrestling around a bit with your lovey.
Clothes: You fit in either 9 months or 6-12 months (but the 6-12 are still a bit big on you).
Rockin' the sweater that was knitted with love from your great grandma
- Baths (which is perfect for when you start get tired and cranky before bed)
- Giving your mama hugs (you put your little arms around me and bury your head into my shoulder, my favorite)
- Being silly with your daddy (as usual)
- Throwing yourself backwards and giggling while shaking your head back and forth (we've been keeping a pillow behind you so you don't hurt your head!)
- Watching your doggies play and trying to grab their fur and/or tails
- Eating fruits and veggies (except carrots)
- Going on walks in the stroller/carrier
- Putting everything in your mouth
- Being overtired
- Sitting anywhere for too long
- Sleeping on your back
You make my heart so full and happy. I love watching you grow everyday and I'm so lucky to be your mama.