Sunday, December 1, 2013

Ready for Christmas Break

I did it, I started a blog...FINALLY! I hope this can be a place where I can share the pieces of our life here in China. 

The countdown to Christmas break has officially begun! There are 13 school days, or 17 more "regular" days until we fly back to the USA and introduce Sawyer to the States. We get about two and a half weeks off of school and we haven't been back to the USA since summer of 2012 since we had to stay here this past summer (me being so pregnant and all). I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous about flying 15+ hours with a four month old, but I know that at the end of the day, I get to see my family and friends and they will FINALLY be able to meet Sawyer, which is SO worth it. Christmas is also my absolute favorite holiday (Halloween is a close second) and even though I love traveling to tropical places during the past two Christmas breaks (Thailand & Cambodia), it's just not the same as watching the beautiful snow fall, smelling REAL Christmas trees, and spending time with family. 

This weekend, I did some damage online shopping, so many great Black Friday deals! My plan is to have all/most of my shopping done so when I get back to the States, I can relax and stroll around the mall for fun, instead of frantically trying to buy everyone presents while recovering from jet-lag. Today, I thought it would be a good idea to take a family Christmas photo to send out for holiday cards...it was a bit ambitious. In the end we didn't get a "perfect" photo, but we did get some entertaining ones! :) 

Did you do any Black Friday shopping? Are you sending out Christmas cards/photos this year? 




No comments:

Post a Comment