Happy 11 months baby boy. I can't believe in less than a month we will officially have a "toddler" on our hands. Where did the year go? I feel like I'll be saying that FOREVER. We celebrated the fourth of July on your 11 month birthday. Last year at this time, we were waiting around in China for you!
Height/Weight: Still not sure on this one, but my guestimate is about 23 lbs? Length, we will measure you today to find out!
Eating: You are still nursing about 4-5 times a day. I am going to try to cut out a feeding or two so we can get it down to 3 times a day, especially because I will be attending a work conference all week next week and it won’t be so easy to nurse you! As far as solids, you are becoming more and more independent and have strong opinions about food. Since we’ve been back to the states, you are a turkey and cheese monster. I can’t believe it since you wanted nothing to do with cheese in China. Breakfast: usually oatmeal with mixed fruit & some cheerios. Oh yes, you are still OBSESSED with cheerios. Lunch: usually tukey and cheese with some applesauce and multigrain crackers or a cheese quesadilla. Dinner: an adaptation of whatever we’re having, or a Peter Rabbit baby pouch if I’m feeling too lazy or if we’re out to eat. You’ve tried raspberries, blueberries, and strawberries since they are so abundant here in America, you’re not quire sure how you feel about them yet.
Sleep: The initial jetlag and teething weren't a fun mx. We had a night owl on our hands for a couple of weeks, but now things have seemed to settle down and you've gotten into a routine of two solid naps a day and sleeping from about 7:00-7:30 with a wake-up or two during the night. I can't complain since when we first arrived, I felt like you woke up every 30 minutes-1 hour... YIKES!
Clothes: You are still comfortably fitting in your 12 month clothing. Your grandma bought you SO many cute, new clothes, you are a lucky little boy!
- Pushing your Fisher price walker that grandma got you
- The lake (if we go on the dock, you try to wriggle free because you want to go in the water… it’s hilarious)
- Stroller rides
- Being silly
- Being the center of attention
- Cuddling before naps/bedtime
- Doors (opening and closing them)
- Getting your face wiped off
- Bathtime (since we’ve been back, you aren’t a fan of your inflatable ducky bath… but you love baths in China)
- The grass (haha this one makes me giggle. When we put you in the grass for the first time, you scrunched up your face and started crying. If your foot touches the grass, you hold one up like a little flamingo…your daddy and I keep calling you a “city baby” since you’re not used to nature!
- Not getting your way
- Using your walker to walk around the whole house.
- Last week, you began to wave to everyone and everything.
- You learned how to put your ball in a hole in your new toy.
- A couple of more teeth have made an appearance since last month… we had a combination of that mixed with jetlag (thank goodness, we’re past that!)
- Feeding me your food