Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Baby Callahan Round Two


Here we go again, baby Callahan #2 is due in April 2015!!! 
We are over the moon, and a little bit nervous to be on "man to man" defense with two little ones. I suspected I was expecting when I continued to wake up in the middle of the night....starved and extremely sleepy (that's how I figured out I was pregnant with Sawyer). Everyone knows that I do love an early bedtime... but falling asleep at 7:30-8:00 was a red flag. 


We announced our pregnancy this weekend via cheesy a picture with the caption, "We're adding a pumpkin to our patch." I couldn't resist, especially since it coincides so nicely with Halloween. Let's just say getting a "nice" family photo with a squirmy toddler was NOT easy. I set up my camera on self timer on top of our stroller (hence why the pictures are crooked).

Sawyer proceeded to throw the pumpkin.





Notice the pumpkin on the ground AGAIN (and my husband's face) 
Yes we're so happy to take these photos! 



This is the photo we ended up using... even though our heads are cut off and my stomach looks ginormous. Yep, thanks Kurt for making me choose the most unflattering picture of myself ;) 




All Sawyer wanted to do was carry around the pumpkin and throw it as hard as he could on the ground. Notice the Chinese work out equipment in the background (don't ask me how to use it). 





Gender: Am hoping that we might be able to find out at our next appointment. Our doctor told us REALLY early with Sawyer (13 weeks). Right now, I'm guessing a girl just because this pregnancy has been very different than with Sawyer, but then again, they are two different babies! 

Weight gain: I started at 116 and I think I was at 118 at my last appointment (still not used to converting from kgs to lbs)

Maternity clothes: I've already started wearing my Old Navy maternity leggings. I have some from the GAP on the way via my sweet mother because they are just oh SO comfortable. 

Stretch marks: Crossing my fingers for none, I was lucky with Sawyer! 

Belly button in or out: My bellybutton starts in at the beginning of the day and the afternoon bloat causes it to poke out a little (so weird).

Sleep: Ok... I haven't been waking up as much in the middle of the night with a 3493843 thoughts racing through my mind, like... "should the babies share a room?" "Where will I pump at work now that I share an office?" "Should we move to a bigger apartment?" "Should we buy another crib, or will Sawyer be ready for a big boy bed?" Yep these are things that keep me awake at night. I look over at Kurt blissfully sleeping and think how jealous I am! 

Best moment this week: Having a nice spooky dinner with some friends on Sunday making homemade pizza (that Kurt started on fire on the grill...hahah!) It was still delicious ;) 

Worst moment this week: Not really sure that I've had one?
Miss anything: Beer....It's been so hot here and after a long day at school, I would love a beer...so in the meantime, I can drool over Kurt's. On a positive note, I will be able to have my favorite beers in the states this summer! 

Movement: Nope. I am hoping I will feel the "bubbles" in a couple of weeks though! 

Cravings: Sweets, bagels with cream cheese. I really, really want these noodles that I love from this cute little restaurant here in China BUT it's about a 40 minute ride on the subway, so I'll have to wait until we get back from Thailand. 

Queasy or sick: I've been feeling "car-sick" (I don't know another way to describe it) for the past few weeks on and off. I've been also having weird aversions to things like... coffee! I love my iced coffee/lattes and it's been so hard because I've been dumping it out in the morning because the smell makes me so sick.  

Looking forward to: Our vacation in Thailand this Friday. I am hoping to be able to relax, drink a ton of fruit shakes, and eat a bunch of yummy Thai food with friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment