Saturday, November 8, 2014

Baby Callahan is a...GIRL!

We had a doctor's appointment today and she was able to confirm that we are having a baby girl! I am over the moon excited! I can't wait for Sawyer to have a little sister and to have a little lady around the house to balance out all of the men (Kurt, Sawyer, and our 2 dogs). I am in trouble because girl clothes and accessories are so darn cute...sorry Kurt! ;) 

We are debating names, but I am a planner and want to pick the "perfect" name. I have a good idea of what I would like her name to be, and I think desperately hope that Kurt will be on board as well :) 



Gender: GIRL! 

Weight gain: 54.9 kgs, so about 121 lbs (eek that's about 5 lbs since my last apt.)

Maternity clothes: Yep, starting to bust out my maternity shirts or stretch out my regular tanks. I'm growing WAY quicker this pregnancy. Still living in leggings.

Stretch marks: nope

Belly button in or out: Flat and pokes out more toward the end of the day.

Sleep: Can't complain. I wake up at least once every night and sometimes it takes me forever to fall back to sleep (my mind is so busy!)

Best moment this week: Hearing our doctor confirm that we are having a little lady in the Callahan household...it all feels so surreal.

Worst moment this week: Just the overall craziness of school this time of year, November is a busy month...can't wait for it to be over (minus Thanksgiving of course).
Miss anything: Having a drink. I presented at a workshop this week and there was beer and wine served before hand, and I really wish I could had indulged in a cold one before my presentation ;) 

Movement: Yep. Usually at night when I'm sitting still, I feel her kicking or turning.

Cravings: Chocolate. I have had such bad cravings that after dinner this week that we all took a family outing to the store so I could get devil's cake mix to whip up some delicious cupcakes. They were amazing. I literally inhaled two after I took them out of the oven and then decided I better bring them to school to share, or my tummy would be half baby, half cupcakes. 

Queasy or sick: Nope... I've been feeling pretty good.  

Looking forward to: Checking some more things off my to-do list this week and getting a new Christmas tree  tomorrow. Don't judge me. I put up my Christmas tree mid November since we always leave the second week of December for Christmas break. I want to enjoy my decorations people, the longer I can have them up...the better! 

No comments:

Post a Comment