Friday, October 31, 2014

Shark Bait Ohh Ha Ha-lloween 2014

What a busy day it's been! I volunteered for the Halloween Committee this year at school (yep, right up my alley) and we worked until the very last minute to make sure the kids had a spooktacular time! We organized spooky stations for the elementary kiddos and it was a blast! I helped manage the stations all morning and loved watching them get so into the games. Here are a few pictures from Kurt's 5th grade class. 

Teachers at our school take Halloween pretty seriously and teams usually dress in a theme. I think the teachers out did themselves this year and had amazing costumes. Take a look at some of genius ideas here. I love that even though we live in China, we're able to make our own holiday traditions and memories. It's really easy to feel homesick this time of year, especially when I scroll through endless Facebook photos of pumpkin patches, fall foliage, apple picking, etc. I love keeping our traditions alive here in China, even if that includes decking out our apartment in Halloween decorations and having pumpkin candles lit 24/7 to pretend it's "fall" outside when it's really 80 degrees and humid. 


Team Costume: Idioms
(raining cats & dogs, bun in the oven, and we have a teammate who was out sick and going to be butterflies in your stomach)

After school, there was a little teacher-family party to celebrate Halloween. We went as a lifeguard, shark, and injured surfer.  I couldn't stop giggling at Sawyer. For a while, he even waddled around saying, "Rahhh!!!" This kid always melts my heart.

Cue the Jaws theme song.





And... I couldn't get the "Shark Bait...Ohh Ha Ha" out of my head either.




















We had a wonderful and busy Halloween and cannot wait to celebrate next year as a family of four. I'm already scheming costume ideas. 
Now it's time to kick back, light some fall candles, and watch Hocus Pocus! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment