Saturday, January 4, 2014

Our Holiday in a Nutshell

Whew. I can breathe a sigh of relief after our whirlwind journey to America. We flew out of Hong Kong December 18th to head to Wisconsin. We haven't been back to the good ol' USA in over a year and a half and it felt strange at first to be "home," but it's funny how quickly it feels like we never even left. I was nervous terrified about flying on a 15+ hour journey with four and a half month old baby, but Sawyer surprised us and slept almost the entire flight! Kurt and I were even able to get some much needed shut eye. 

We spent our precious time with family and friends and Sawyer was adored and loved by everyone. It was so sweet to see everyone interact with our little guy and I realized how incredibly lucky we are to have such sweet and caring loved ones in our lives! Kurt and I also had a mini-getaway for a night to a bed and breakfast (first night away from Sawyer). We went to a pub for dinner while watching the Packer game and were in bed by 10 (we're party animals, I know). I also made a couple several trips to Target, seriously... China is missing out! 

Before I could blink, we were headed to Whistler for my dad's wedding. It was a beautiful wedding in the mountains and my dad and his wife, Michelle, skied down the mountain afterward... too cute! 

We have been back to China now for two days and we are dealing with a very jet-lagged baby. Our first night, Sawyer was up wide awake from 12am to 4am, at one point, we admitted defeat and Kurt set up Sawyer's new Jumperoo that we brought back from the states and put him in it at 3am until he was tired out. He's still recovering from the long journey, and so are we. Hopefully we will all be back in the swing of things before too long. 


My sisters, mom, and I on Christmas


Cute B&B we stayed at (it's our thing)



In line to get on the gondola for the wedding


Our little family at Whistler 

The happy bride and groom



Sawyer looking dapper at the reception 

Airplane ride back to China 



Our jet lagged baby at 3am 



No comments:

Post a Comment