Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Travel is More

In 3 short days, we will be on our way to Bali for the winter holiday. I am beyond ready to relax and explore with my little family.  My dad and his wife will be joining us along with our best friends here in China, so we're lucky to spend the holiday season with people we love! 

A house we're renting with our friends



I'm also looking forward to doing some reading. I mostly enjoy reading non-fiction books. Here are a few that I hope to begin this break.

Found here



Found here


Found here


 "Travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." 
-Miriam Beard, Realism in Romantic Japan 

I began to read How Eskimos Keep Their Babies Warm and one of the chapters started with this inspiring quote. Don't you love when you read something that make you stop in your tracks and re-read it again and again? I think it's so fitting for us since we'll be traveling this holiday. Lately, I've been in a lull. I've been feeling pretty home-sick and second guessing our decision to stay abroad for the holidays. Reading this quote reaffirmed why we live abroad- to be able to experience change, to continue to learn to be more open-minded, and grow together as a family.

I will miss our dear friends and family so much this holiday season. Please know that we are thinking about you and hope you're Christmas is nothing short of magical. We can't wait to see you all in a few months. 

Hope your holiday season is merry and bright! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment