Sunday, January 4, 2015

Christmas in Bali Part 3: Lovina & Ubud

Thank you so much for your sweet words and support after my last post about our Christmas in Bali. I started this blog to share about our life overseas for our friends and family back home. That means sharing the good and also the not so good parts that comes with living abroad...just trying to keep it real friends! ;) 

After spending 6 nights in Amed, we were off to Lovina for a couple of nights. Everything in Lovina was extremely cheap. I enjoyed two massages (about 8 USD for an hour) at our hotel while Sawyer napped. We found delicious restaurants, enjoyed strolling around, and went dolphin watching one morning. It was the perfect amount of time before heading south to Ubud.




My future's so bright, I gotta wear shades.


For the last part of our trip we headed to Ubud. Unfortunately, this is when we left most of our clothes behind in Lovina. We called the hotel and our clothes mysteriously "disappeared." Kurt lost his favorite shirt and shorts, I lost a lot of my maternity clothes and favorite leggings, and Sawyer lost a lot of his PJs and summer clothes... at least we were left with some underwear ;) 

Our new home stay in Ubud had charm, but I had a major asthma attack from our dusty room and we decided we there was no way we could stay more than two nights. We booked a new hotel nearby. I'm so glad we did. It was in a great location, super clean, and Sawyer enjoyed playing in the "yard" outside our front porch. We didn't do too much in Ubud...but that was ok with me! 

Walk home from dinner

Sawyer and one of his many admirers. The Balinese were beyond child-friendly and genuinely sweet. Sawyer made friends at every restaurant we visited. The staff would play with him, hold him, chase him, etc. This is one of the perks of living in Asia vs. America :) 

Pineapple Fried rice with prawn chips (delicious)

Dinner at a restaurant mentioned in Eat, Pray, Love with my dad and Michelle...and Sawyer's Buddha belly.

Photo outside our little bungalow in Ubud (notice the offerings on our porch)


No comments:

Post a Comment